Global Water Partnership Organization (GWPO)
Water Partnership Organization (GWPO) and IWR signed a Memorandum of
Understanding (MOU) to further both organizations’ interests and
missions in the field of integrated water resources management. The
partnership will focus on the use of proven technology, best management
practices and methods for water resources management.
About the Memorandum of Understanding
Signed: October 9, 2007
- Emilio Gabbrielli , Executive Secretary (GWPO)
- Robert A. Pietrowsky, Director (IWR)
Purpose: The partners intend to cooperate in the training, development and practice of integrated water resources management.
Terms: The partners intend to work jointly in the following fields:
- Development of procedures and methods for integrated water resources management to support sustainable development
- Infrastructure development
- Adaptation to global climate change and its impacts on water resources
- Flood risk management, hydrologic analysis, risk analysis and systems modeling
- Socio-economic analysis
- Environmental restoration, ecological design, eco-hydrologic analysis and water quality
building, conflict resolution/management, public participation and
citizen involvement, alternative dispute resolution and shared vision
- Water policy, governance and institutional aspects of water and watershed management
- Capacity building, development and training
- Educational methods and systems
- Water security, including in the context of Millennium Development Goals
- Transboundary water resources
About Global Water Partnership Organization (GWPO)
was established in 1996 by the World Bank, the United Nations
Development Program and the Swedish International Development Agency.
Its mission is to support countries in the sustainable management of
their water resources.
Memorandum of Understanding (pdf, 303 KB)
Global Water Partnership Organization